PDA

View Full Version : confusion about the template bases website

gauri_agr
23 Oct 2009, 09:34 AM
Hi All,

I am not sure if I am clear for my question. But let me explain it.

Few companies are into web design and they provide the customer a user interface where they can update the content of the website without going into the coding. They also provide the space and the domain name as well. What they do, on behalf of you they buy the domain name and space from cheaper hosting company and then they give you even lesser space.

Suppose some one has already made their website with them and now they want to change the server where they would not be having such user friendly interface. Wouldn’t it be difficult for him to change the content of the website. Like they need to search which file to change and where to change. I guess this would be difficult for me also to understand where I have a bit knowledge of html, css , php and javascript. Please comment here if I am wrong.

So my question is : is it advisable for non-prorammer to go to such webdesgner for building their website.

Or the the non-programer should buy their hosting plan separately and just ask some to code their website from scratch so that if they need help in future they can go to the other people like me.

Please comment on my posting so that I can understand better.

Thanks
Gauri

AstonishDesigns
23 Oct 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi Gauri,
I recommend anyone who is not a programmer to try and avoid anything technical. So, try and avoid purchasing a hosting account, managing a CMS, editing HTML files, etc.

Many packaged deals and templates on the web are pretty bad because the customer doesn't get custom service. So, while they may pay more for a custom website and for hiring someone like you to maintain it, I think it's worth the extra buck.

I hope that helps.