PDA

View Full Version : Some Positioning Help :? Kinda Tricky!

bwalt13
06 Nov 2009, 01:02 PM
Alright so I'm working on a site for a client (yea its not polished up yet tehe) and I am having some trouble getting something positioned and working how I want. It's kind of confusing so I will do my best to explain what I am going for.

First the devsite is http://www.splash.9one3.com (LET IT LOAD ITS NOT OPTIMIZED AT ALL)

Now if you scroll down you will see a blackbox...then a wave. What I want to have is that wave be absolutely positioned inside its parent relative div. Basically I want the wave centered, as a footer but covering some of the content so the content scrolls up out of the water and the wave stays put almost like a sticky footer? Now the tricky part is getting this to look correct on different sized monitors. Anyone know how I could achieve this? The wave is transparent so I think it would be a neat effect.

Don't be too hard on me! I just graduated with my web/graphic design degree and this is my first real client! Thanks everyone this site is awesome!

Ashtel
10 Nov 2009, 11:37 AM
I know a whole lot of nothing about this topic because I am having the same issue myself - but couldnt you do it the same as you have your header? Or close to the same? That seems to scroll down with the page.

However, is a great looking site!!!!