PDA

View Full Version : Little help with template website. . . .

WBAmstaffs
09 Nov 2009, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Well im new to this forum this being my first post :)

i am also new to the web design fun, i am currently trying to build my first website for my dog breeding site to promote my dogs and so forth, Now i have purchased a WEB TEMPLATE design that i rather like, and wish to edit this ofcourse to make it my own look and fit,

i am how ever stuck as to how to do this,

they have sent a folder containing folders, sources images, html pages, photoshop pages of each full page, now i think i have worked out in order for me to EDIT the pages i must do this in photoshop correct ?

but what im not getting the grasp of is, transfering all this into dreamweaver cs4 to edit and play around with . . . (there was no help file in the kit)

so if anyone knows how to do this ? has exp doing this ? all the help i can get would be great.

i hope i have made alittle sense as to what i want to do lol

cheers ppl

shaun

scottmtech
09 Nov 2009, 10:20 PM
If you open the photoshop pages, you should be able to edit the graphics. The simplest way I can suggest that you start is not to move any of the graphics and simply replace them with ones exactly the same size that you have created. You don't need to edit your text here. Once you have changed a few images just to start; in photoshop click file save for web, and then images only. Save them to a folder that you can easily get to. Take the modified images and merge them with the original image folder that the template gave you.

Then when you upload the site into Dreamweaver (provided you haven't modified the size of any of these pictures) the site will still retain the same formatting and look. You can then edit your text from here.

If you need to adjust the size of the images, when in Photoshop, when you go to save for web you need to adjust the slice size of that particular image slice. You'll then have to change the picture size in dreamweaver and make it all fit together perfectly.

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to ask! Oh, and by the way I'm new on these forums as well! :)