PDA

View Full Version : I have a design problem, can you help???

eman3d
25 Nov 2009, 04:32 PM
Here is the situation:

I have a clothing line and i need a webpage to sale my product. One of the most important design elements for the website is this:

The customer will be able to control a carousel selection tool at the top of the page. The carousel is about 5 to 10 photos that scroll either left to right or right to left dependent upon user input. As the photos scroll they will enlarge as they move to the center with the center photo being the largest and is considered the selected photo. All photos are initially black and white until it is in the center position at which point the photo is now in color and again is now the selected photo.

The second design element is totally dependent upon the the first design element i just described. Here is how it works:

As the customer scrolls through the photos using the carousel tool any photo that is in the center position which makes it the selected photo will trigger the second design element- which is a larger photo that showcases the merchandise associated with the selected photo.

The combined effect of design elements one and two will operate as such: Customer selects a photo using the Selection Carousel Tool and is shown a larger photo of merchandise associated with selected photo.

Can someone explain to me how this can be done??? I am not a coder, i am a designer. Please help thanks.

For an example of a Carousel Selection Tool you can go hear:

http://activeden.net/item/simple-carousel-with-custom-controls-as3-xml/68640

Thanks Again.