PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

vincent_penny
29 Nov 2009, 04:25 AM
I need to design a form; a type of product ordering form. I'm REALLY novice in creating server-side applications, and am wondering if anyone can help me create a form that any person can fill out, but only an administrator can access, yet the form posts realtime. In particular, I'm wondering what I should use for my needs (php, .asp, xml, etc.) and basically a small 'tutorial' on how to build the page(s) needed. Any server requirements can be accomodated except I'm Windows Vista based, running good ol' FrontPage and Notepad! I'm beginning to learn php (yay my stepping up from HTML lol)but needthis particular script as soon as practical. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Alan
29 Nov 2009, 09:37 AM
Right first off your going to have to learn some server-side language, there are loads to choose from e.g. PHP, ASP, JSP, C++ (Cgi scripts) etc... That will be responsible for catching the form and 'doing stuff' with it.

Where are you planning on storing the information? Text file / database / xml documents etc... Again up to you, each method has it's own learning curve.

"[...] help me create a form that any person can fill out, but only an administrator can access, yet the form posts realtime. [...]" - What does this mean exactly?

If your looking to get this up and running quickly, then you'll have to either try and throw something together with a load of bugs and errors or you will need to outsource it. There's no way to do this properly in a short amount of time without the proper knowledge and experience.