PDA

View Full Version : Have example template for site in Drupal - but how to convert to Wordpress?

Fuzzylogic
10 Dec 2009, 12:45 AM
Hi guys!

I have a site that I am trying to find just the right theme for. We have reviews and news and another category, and we'd like a FULL PAGE theme with easy-to see blocks of information, offering whatever information we want to put there - based on the specific page the user is on. We also want to somehow track some of these boxes and have them updated. For example - top 4 rated items, top 4 stories, stop 4 whatever. We'd also like the majority of the information, at least on the front page, situated cleanly just using a single page of information. Visitor doesn't have to scroll up or down or side to side, at least on the front page. Then they can click further in and have sites that scroll down. Know what I mean?

Example I like is below, but in Drupal. If anyone can suggest some good WP themes that have easy to read 'box' sections like this, are full page, have some sort've commenting and review/rating/polling going on, I'm having a hard time sorting through and finding something!

Really one of my top choices... http://demo.alldrupalthemes.com/?theme=adt_prt_newmedia

Any help is so appreciated, I just want to get a site up that basically looks like that, which myself and a few friends can add content to. Please help guide me, Wordpress seems our easiest option and we have several people in the area who said they could help with WP and doing a site for a little money, we just can't find the right theme that looks like that...

Thanks!!

Raquel