PDA

View Full Version : Client wants to have interactive "online designer" on site.

Picea Mariana
14 Dec 2009, 08:34 AM
I have a client- a print house, that wants to have their customers order posters and such online and be able to design their posters or whatever on screen before they order. The online designer would be similar to the one at Zazzle.com but not nearly as complex. It needs to be easy to use for those that aren't well versed in graphic design.

For instance, it needs to be able to let the customer add text, choose fonts (client would specify the fonts), resize text, justify text, select colors, add shapes, select paper color, possibly clipart, and add logos. Upon placing the order, the file would be sent to the site admin... preferably in vector form.

The same basic online editor would be used for different products but the only thing that would change is the page orientation and scale. Like portrait vs landscape. There would need to be a rectangle shown on the screen for the customer to work in to show the boundaries of the poster.

Similar applications I've seen are flash. I don't normally work with flash and I have no idea where to start. Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.