PDA

View Full Version : XML / Flash Problem

pixelfiesta
05 Feb 2010, 01:13 AM
Hi Guys,

This is for someone who is well-versed in FLash, XML and programming. But others are welcome to comment. I am working on my online portfolio and wish to discuss a few things while it is in development stage

The Works section is going to be a XML driven flash which will pull individual JPGs from a library and the XML file will have the descriptions. Mine is a vast portfolio, ranging from Books, Events, Branding, typography to web, plus I have worked for different industries like Banking, Hospitality, IT, Petroleum, etc. And then there is a whole list of clients I have worked for.

I was wondering if there is a script or there is something that will allow the user to see my portfolio in 3 different ways — By Category, By Industry and By Clients. I do not wish to recreate different folders and then duplicate anything into them. All should be script driven.

Does anyone have a solution? Have you seen something like this before?
If you can, please post or point me to a XML based script which has a demo preferably. I am not a XML or a Flash pro, so it want it to be really simple which doesnt need much of editing and tweaking!

And any suggestion on how else this could be beautifully displayed.

Cheers,
Yogee