PDA

View Full Version : HTML Code Help! Using Text From External Documents?

87jacobsen
22 Feb 2010, 08:43 PM
Hello,

I am quite new to web design and HTML editing and have a unique situation that I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

I work for a car dealership and am responsible for posting craigslist ads on their behalf. I have created an HTML advertisement that I plan to use. To collect the data regarding car specs, price, and model I use a form program on a blackberry. Once the form is completed it automatically emails me a document outlining all the information which I have collected. What I would like to ultimately do is write an HTML code which can refrence the document which is sent from my blackberry and pull the specifications and details into the relevant parts of the ad. The program I am using on my blackberries allows the export of the information to txt, csv, or xml.

I want to avoid always having to update the specifications for each vehicle manually using dreamweaver as it would be so time consuming; however, after searching the web for hours trying to find information on achieving this I have come up with nothing.

If anyone can shed some light on how to do this or if its possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian