PDA

View Full Version : 3D Website with Photorealistic Rendering??

Goodnet
09 Mar 2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you in advance for looking at this thread and for providing your thoughts and or advice - really need some direction before proceeding with developing this website.

The website I would like to create is an information website and provides a service so really there is nothing complicated but would still I would like to infuse some creativity etc..... consider something like http://www.the-neighbourhood.com/ which i just think is so smart.

My plan:

hire someone to create a photo realistic rendering of a say a street (including buildings and people)

the rendering somehow needs to have depth (3d?) and the street is like a chest board kinda background and when you click on one of the squares information about services pop up right there on the screen instead of having to go to another page kinda thing as far as traditional website design goes.

My questions:

Is there anything I should know about the rendering... does it have to be created in a certain was so as to be use on a website?

How much could creating something custom like this cost? The rendering would be 300 to 1000 bucks from my asking around.

Is the-neighborhood a 3D website? I guess really as images does not come out of the screen but still it gives movement in a different way than others.

:teleport:

Thank you for your replies.