PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to know if there is a Web Designer & Developer Certification?

creativeside
11 Mar 2010, 08:06 PM
Hi there,
I'm a print graphic designer with a BFA in Fine Arts. I've been doing this for 10 years. I'm looking to further my job opportunities by becoming a Web Designer & Developer. I know a few of the basics of HTML, and can get around in Dreamweaver a little. I'm very proficient in Photoshop and have a working knowledge of Fireworks.

I wanted to know if there is a Web Designer & Developer Certification that I should get? If so, do any of you have it and where would be a good school to get it? Or is it better to go to http://www.w3schools.com/ and learn all I can (I've seen several people recommend this site to beginners in previous postings).

How did each of you learn your Web Development skills and how did you get your first job..aka how did you find an employer to "give you a chance" with no experience? Ideally I'm looking for a design job that's like 75% print and 25% web, but it seems everyone wants me to have web site examples and be proficient in Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS. My current ad agency job ends at the end of March because of layoffs.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Joy

adiweb
18 Mar 2010, 06:19 AM
Certification is a mill business.
There are too many certification courses for developers driven by Sun and Microsoft.
There are also some certification courses driven by many university for web designing and development.