PDA

View Full Version : Web Development Help and Ideas Please

redrum374
22 Mar 2010, 08:06 AM
I was asked to develop a website for a local company that would meet several needs and I was wondering if I could get some insight from others as this will be my first major project alone. The company uses paper right now and would like to opt to an online system for its 5 field workers.

The needs are...

To Develop an interface that allows workers to login and input data into forms while on a job site
This data will be saved into a database so that it can be recalled and edited
Company clients will have limited access to view the reports as each is submitted, this allows them to see day by day reports instead of waiting weeks for reports to be finalized and typed up
Finally if the field worker doesn't have internet access due to bad signal (Verizon internet being used on each laptop in the field) then the worker will need a method to still enter data and then upload it when a connection the the internet can be established again

Due to the fact that some jobs will not have internet access in the field I will need to code a program that is offline and stores all data entered into it. When the field workers return to the shop at the end of the day they can upload this data onto the database.

I would maybe like to do this using ASP.NET as I am already familiar with it.

Anyone have any input how they would do this project. Looking forward to getting lots of ideas and compiling it all together.