PDA

View Full Version : How can I get compatibility with explorer and phones?

wervil
31 Mar 2010, 01:55 PM
my site looked fine in everythign except IE8 with compatibility view turned on, when it is disabled then there isn't much of a problem with the layout, except that the anchor tags dont jump to where they are supposed to in the page.

I've looked into the whole meta tag thing, annoyed that i cant put a bit of xml on my server because i am on ix webhosting with shared ips on all my sites. so putting a meta tag in the head of every html page helps, but can anyone look at the site and tell me how to get it to be 100% compatible? anchor links included? maybe I am using the wrong doctype? is there another way to have it done sitewide rather than adding the meta tag to each page? I don't undertand why i have to do twice the amount of work because of the existence of this bad browser that the masses keep using for reasons unbeknownst to me.

the site is www.sealcoatguy.com right now i have this metatag on all my pages: meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/

my client said that her phone's browser has even more problems and the browser is this?
Webkit HTML5 with geo location and multiple windows, Adobe with Flash Player 10.1(TM) Ready (for release date see Adobe.com)

Thanks in advance:teleport: