PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer problems (not surprising)

babybearuk
02 Apr 2010, 05:34 AM
Hi there,

A completely new person to this website and found it by searching on Google. My name is Chris and I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to web design.
I had been asked by a local school (who I have done lots of graphic design work for previously) to build them a website for their Optional subjects. Unfortunately I was never given any kind of brief and therefore have had to build it bit by bit just praying that the school are going to be happy with it.

I have been using my iMac and Dreamweaver to design the website and every broswer I have checked it on seems to have been displaying it perfectly:

Safari

Google Chrome

Opera

Firefox

Of course the one missing from this list is Internet Explorer. And not having direct access to IE I asked a few friends to check it out for me, to which I was told it displayed perfectly!
However, after now gaining access to a laptop and Internet Explorer 8. I am shocked (and ludicrously wound up) that it doesn't display correctly AT ALL!!!
If the school was running on Google Chrome life would be a hell of a lot easier. But unfortunately they do only use IE.

So, the way I designed this was to get everything done in Photoshop, sliced it up and then exported the html document and images over to Dreamweaver. Then fill in the blanks with the text fields, flash documents whilst using CSS.
If you open the website in Google Chrome / FF / Safari you will see exactly how I have wanted it to look. However, if you open the website in IE you will see that the whole website has been justified over to the left for some reason. The main text within all seems fine, it just seems to be the main body has shifted over.
Instead of trawling through this myself and more than likely getting extremely wound up and annoyed I thought I would throw my mercy on a forum to see if anyone had any initial ideas as to why this could be? the link is below

http://www.melioroptions.org/home.html (Website Example 1)

My only other enquiry (sorry this first post has become so long!) is again with Internet Explorer. If you have a look at http://www.melioroptions.org/optionsubjects/drama/drama1.html (Website Example 2) you can see that the small framed picture has a gap underneath and the main bulk of text has a gap above it... I can only assume this is because these were "Editable Regions" in the Dreamweaver Template? Again in all other browsers these problems are not viewable.

I know I am asking a lot for my first post and I do apologise. But any help from anyone would be incredibly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Chris

John Tanedo
24 Apr 2010, 02:44 PM
The website looks ok to me.. I checked it on ie 6,7 and 8! Its all centered! are you trying to trick people on visiting your site?