PDA

View Full Version : Web site structure - advise needed

Shur23
24 Apr 2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I've got a simple website here: [~ Website Removed By Mod ~].

The site consists of 1 html page with a DIV containing info for each menu option. Each menu option hides the previous DIV and reveals the corresponding one with fade-in. This is achieved with jquery.

I want to achieve better results in google search. I would also like to be able to use different "entry points" for the web site, for example to be able to link directly to my services page. Another advantage is getting separate stats for each section of the web site.

As far as I understand, dividing the web site into separate pages, one for each menu option is the way to go.

So, I want to get an advise on the best way to implement this. I've got just one, the most obvious, idea for now: Create HTML page for each section, doing the on-load fade-in of the information DIV with javascript. The disadvantage is that I'll have to edit each page in order to do some change in common elements, like the menu bar.

Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks!
Alex

Corrosive
25 Apr 2010, 05:37 AM
You are correct in saying that you should have a separate page per page (if that makes sense...) Your comment site elements can be broken up and saved in an external file and you cans use SSI (PHP includes) that are 'called' into your page. That way you only have to update one file for the whole site; http://www.corrosiveonline.co.uk/tutorials_php_includes.php