PDA

View Full Version : Help Creating a Business Site

cag0331
01 Jun 2010, 08:45 AM
Hello, new to the forums but I could really use some help. I have a summer internship with a business which was founded for the purpose of research and development of a new surgical device, and the first task I was assigned was to create a website for them. The only stipulation I have received thus far is that I must use SiteMail as their email server. Now, since this is only a summer internship, I will not be doing very much administrating on this site, so I would like to know what would be the most professional way to go about creating the site. For instance, hosting? I believe this site is mainly just going to be static with information on the company so they don't need much bandwidth or storage space, but do I go with a dedicated server or what? Also, would you suggest I use some sort of CMS if for no other reason than to keep me from leaving my own HTML and CSS nuances for the next admin to deal with? Basically, I need someone to give me a detailed guide on the best way to professionally create and leave the site. Thank you in advance!

Connor