PDA

View Full Version : Best Practices > Writing / Organizing Written Copy

johnqtaxpayer
06 Jun 2010, 01:32 PM
Question: What is the best way to write and organize written copy / content for a website?

Details:

I'm a newbie product manager, looking for tips on how to write and organize text copy for my company's website.

I need to be able to prepare written content for our public site and turn it over to the web designer who publishes it to our live site.

I want our UI team to be able to quickly glance at the copy I write and immediately know where on the page (and which page) it needs to go.

Currently, I'm using microsoft word to write and color code different text to signify where I want specific text to go. It is difficult for the UI designer to immediately know if something goes into the nav bar or into a header or the description below a header. In addition to that, it would be helpful for me to be able to write the copy in such a way that the web designer could copy and paste it into the XHTML without having to go back and manually replace special punctuation characters with the XHTML entities.

What software is out there that will allow a comprehensive solution to these web copywriting issues?