PDA

View Full Version : New member....

Seanofdaweb
28 Jun 2010, 11:28 PM
Hello,

I started this thread too introduce myself. I'm in the process of changing careers from Arboriculture to Web Development...its a natural progression I know. I'm 38 years old, married with kids and decided I need to go back to school before my 13 year old daughter starts college :eek:

I've always been fond of computer technology and after researching different IT related job fields I found web development to be the most attractive. My plan at the moment is to obtain an AAS in web development from a local tech school then transfer into a 4-year college. There I would take mostly business management courses too receive a Applied Studies Bachelor of Science degree that would essentially give me a Web Development/Business Management background.

I really don't know anything practical about WB, but lurking through this forum I've found some great information and links. I'm starting to get a handle on the alphabet soup of coding terminology. The courses at the school I plan to attend this fall seem to be right on track with what members here are recommending too aspiring WB's; HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MySQL and Ajax.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I start digging into the bowls of WB, but I hope I can contribute here as well!

Sean

Asperon
29 Jun 2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome,

I look forward to answering your questions and being challenged by your dilemmas.

Nathan