PDA

View Full Version : im building a website and looking for advice

fattyboy2525
01 Jul 2010, 04:58 AM
Im a furniture Designer/ maker and create one off pieces of bespoke handmade fine furniture.
i have been gathering my content to build a website to show case my work.
i dont Know how to write html code so i signed up with office live as they offered a free website builder(my domain is with then to) and i have also been looking at wix.com.
i have found office live to be rather clunky and not very professional looking.
wix on the other hand looks really smart and has some great templates to work from however i have major doubt about there seo and they have some really bad reviews.
so my questions are.

1.will i be able to seo a wix site well enough as office live
2. is wix trustworthy enough to run a site
3.with perseverance is it possible to create a clean fresh site on office live.
4. or should i stay clear off both of them a look at some other sites.

cash is tight so for the moment i want to build a site to create an online presence, and in a few years i shall put some proper funds into building the perfect site.

any help or advice would be much appreciated

fattyboy2525

JMCDesigner
01 Jul 2010, 07:00 PM
You could start small, just build a one page website to start off with (with essential info) and build from there. If you want the DIY approach, use something like wordpress which features addon plugins for seo etc.

Another approach would be to get a designer to build you a template to your spec, and you reuse the template for pages and add content as necessary (and cheaper than getting a designer to do the whole site for you)