PDA

View Full Version : paypal for digital media?

ssjwizard
05 Jul 2010, 06:08 PM
Let me start with i have done web design as a very light hobby for several years. I have a basic understanding of java, html, and pearl programing.

So heres my situation. I'm helping a friend of mine setup there website. The site is part of there record label and they want to use paypals merchant services to process transactions as the have used it in the past. While this has worked adequately for sale of physical medias(cds and vinyl records) in todays market digital media sales are a must.

so i know that paypal can be used to purchase one single track at a time and redirect the customer to the download, what they seek is the ability to add multiple digital tracks to a cart and purchase them. The cart is not my concern as we are using one currently. however the concern i have is how exactly we would set it up to automatically get the customer download links for every track that they have purchsed. we are not opposed to using an emailed list of links to acomplish this initially.

The main reason for wanting this is to avoid the task of creating a complex customer database with file permissions until they can prove the potential sales volume.