View Full Version : java player problem.

05 Jul 2010, 11:00 PM
ok guys im doing a revamp on a friends web site and for some reason im running into a rather annoying little issue.
first let me state that i have uploaded all files contained in the project folder as contained on my hard drive and i have checked the file permissions of the .jar files to make sure they are executable.

<td height="34">Logo side A: Travis Williams &quot;Soulmate - Travis' Runaway Remix&quot;</td>
<td><div align="center">
<applet code="javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer" name="playerid"
width="59" height="32" archive="tinyplayer.jar,jl020.jar" id="playerid">
<param name="skin" value="skins/Digitalized" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="638182" />
<param name="autoplay" value="no" />
<param name="audioURL" value="uploads/Soulmate_-_Travis_Williams_-__Travis_W_s_Runaway_Remix_.mp3" />

<param name="scriptable" value="true" />
is the code for my sample player.

this is the resulting java error

load: class javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Un known Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unk nown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unk nown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionR unnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://www.purenergyrecords.com/java...nyPlayer.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unk nown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(U nknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
... 7 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javazoom.jlGui.TinyPlayer

on my hard drive everything is working properly. ive hit a wall on this and just cant quite figure it out.

further not i did also try expanding the contents of the .jar files to the host and while this did permit the players to be displayed it did not allow the files to play. I know that i should not have to do this and have simply run into a wall on this that i cant seem to figure my way around.