PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Need help in converting website over to another program.

Outlivesheep
17 Jul 2010, 02:35 PM
Help!!! Need help in converting website over to another program.

My website www.outlivesheep.com has outgrown Godaddy.com's "website tonight" and they are charging me $1,000 monthly in bandwidth becuase of the popularity. Right now it's using about 1k gigabytes a month. If I go through their software, they don't have a bandwidth program for my needs. (Can't believe them, if I ftp or use WP or JL it is $170 a year in unlimited bandwidth) I need a flexible website developing program online or desktop based that you can work with html code. Dreamweaver would be a suggestion, but I travel often and need to update breaking news stories on the fly, quickly. I really need an online website developer. Wordpress and Joomla are options, but aren't flexible enough to ad a advertising banner wherever and have different amount of columns on each page. Templates are great on these and professional, but the flexibility is key.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My experience:
I'm good with Dreamweaver, just not great with developing CSS and making sure code works on every platform. I prefer an online developer, but not WP.

What program will give me the most flexibility with templates, easier to use, and can have it up quickly.

Thank you!

Bryan

<CrGeary.com/>
17 Jul 2010, 07:49 PM
What program will give me the most flexibility with templates, easier to use, and can have it up quickly.

WordPress.

---
Seriously, do you even know what your on about? You say WordPress is no good because it isn't flexible enough, you cant ad an advertising banner, and have different amounts of columns. Well, all everything you just said is incorrect.

I could make a site exactly the same as the one you currently have. I could do it all in WordPress, and apart from the URL's you wouldn't even notice the difference.

And the fact that Dreamweaver and Wordpress/Joomla are completely different. They do completely different jobs, for completely different reasons. And you say that they will charge you whether you use FTP or Wordpress, well they are both completely different bits of software, FTP is a file transfer protocol, and WordPress is a Content Management System. if you use WordPress, your going to have to use FTP to upload the software in the first place.

Use Drupal, Why? because you dont want to use WordPress or Joomla.