PDA

View Full Version : Simple CMS Question

scskimmer
29 Jul 2010, 03:36 PM
Hey guys. A moderately stupid question... feel free to hammer down a newb as long as you provide me w/ a link or two :)

ok, so somewhat new to website development. I have a friend that wants to modify content daily for his bar via his iphone. To do this, I DO NOT want to create a new page that "blogs" about it. I want him to be able to easily manage his content in a pre-made div tag that already has all the css designs applied to it. What is the best way of doing this?

Do I go down the Web CMS route such as Wordpress (I know there is a cute little wordpress app for the iphone...)

Do I write a php script that fetches it from a file? (Though I potentially see a read/write problem occurring when the bar owner ftp's the file to the site while simultaneously is viewed by someone else).

I am assuming I am going to get a CMS recommendation. However, if that is the case, I do not want a CMS where I can only choose from pre-designed templates. I want to take the txt info supplied from the bar owner and just apply it to my div tag. That's all.

Thanks A LOT for the help. Definitely means a lot to me.

~ Derek

scskimmer
31 Jul 2010, 06:07 PM
Problem solved. Got Drupal up and running the way I wanted it. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.