PDA

View Full Version : Website caching issues???

pixelgiant
09 Aug 2010, 08:30 PM
This is a curly one, was interested if a) anyone had come across this issue before or b) anyone had the solution.

My PC is busted at the moment so ive been forced to use my Mac powerbook.The caching issue arose when i was re-developing my portfolio. I was developing my website locally and had everything working. I transfered my files via ftp to the root public_html directory and i moved the old site to another directory. When i loaded my website in firefox (firstly i deleted all cookies and cache) it loaded the oldsite's index file, and because i had moved all its files to another directory it only displayed a black page (i have fire bug and it gave me all the old code). I then loaded it in safari and the same thing happened. I tried updating firefox, un-installing and re-installing firefox and still the same. I tried it on my fiance's PC (IE8) and the same happened. Curiously I tried it on my PC at work and it was perfectly fine.

The funny thing is when I type in http://www.exampleonly.com/index.html into the address bar it seems to work fine. Ive uploaded and downloaded the files via ftp and all are the correct files so why would my browser be loading files that don't exist.

Sorry for borring you if you are still reading at this point. I would of just googled it but am stumped as to what to search. eg how do i say "website not loading current index.html page in Mac OS" ???

Cheers