PDA

View Full Version : Frame for Javascript for website

Marshallp
20 Aug 2010, 05:35 PM
I was asked to create a website using iWeb for my university's percussion studio, so that the professor could easily edit it. The problem with this is that you are given very little control of the under-the-hood aspects of the site, and since iWeb writes over any custom scripting you add to the .html files when you re-publish a page, it is not feasible to add script that way since the professor will be updating it and not me. I decided to write a quick page that would contain one large frame in which the site would display, and I could add a title, SEO tags, and a bit of javascript.

I am adding several little hidden bonuses around the site, and wanted to make use of the Konami code to call up a page. I placed the script for this in the head of the landing page, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I tested the script by plugging it into the head of one of the target pages, and didn't have any problems. Any suggestions? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Here is the page I threw together:

<html>

<head>

<title> OBU Percussion Studio </title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://konami-js.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/konami.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
konami = new Konami()
konami.load("percussion_studio/bonus_page.html");
</script>

</head>

<frameset>
<frame src="percussion_studio/index.html" />
<noframes>
<body>Your browser does not support frames. Please click through to the Ouachita Baptist University Percussion Studio<a href=percussion_studio/index.html>Website</a>
</body>
</noframes>
</frameset>
</html>