PDA

View Full Version : Plan Ahead for Marketing Success

niquito99
24 Aug 2010, 08:53 PM
Planning for your Internet Marketing process is vital as to the benefits that will derive from your hard work. In fact, planning is crucial if you are going to have any kind of benefits deriving from Internet Marketing at all. Big businesses and vast corporations have their marketing plans and can hire dozens of people to analyze the global market and present reports on telling exactly where their business is, who their competitors are, and what they are doing, how they need to do it, and how much it will cost for how long.

Although hiring twenty or more people may not be possible for a one-man operation; such as running a internet business from home, it does share the main concept of planning ahead, and that is outlying as to where your business stands and what you need to do to be/stay successful.

A business plan could sound intimidating. Having an army of marketing gurus though to establish a plan for an Internet Marketing process isn’t necessary. All an internet marketing plan needs is common sense and a bit of business intelligence, and these two traits can be attained through some education and experience.

A good strategy is a technique called “micro level planning”, and it’s a technique that will ultimately allow you to know exactly where you are and where you wish to go from your current business status.

Now, the best way to start doing “micro level planning” is to ask yourself a simple question. You can ask any question you may see appropriate, but one generic one could be: “Why am I marketing on the Internet anyway? Is it to increase public awareness? To increase my sales? Or is it to Build a Community?” Then after asking these questions and noting them down it would be a good idea to note down how much of your marketing efforts will be online and how much time will you intend to spend on each of these tasks.

Secondly, another technique is in making a checklist of things that you would like to include in your business that can in turn help the process. For example, what strategies would you implement? Is it using Newsletters, Articles, Viral Marketing, Banners, Contests, or even Forums?

Other questions you can ask are: “What type of analysis will this marketing be subjected to? What is the ROI that I can expect and how am I going to monitor this? What is the annual budget I’m working with, and how will this budget be divided among the various marketing strategies I have chosen?”

In addition, to these techniques of planning your business, also its important to keep in mind the effectiveness of timelines and deadlines. These are equally important because they help to set milestones and due dates for completing certain actions, which can otherwise stretch out for more than wanted if not organized. Not having these two items will signify a risk in falling behind or getting boggled down with confusion within your Internet Marketing plan. So it’s vital to keep note for dates and times on activities, either big or small.

http://www.internickmarketing.com/forum.php

samantha_sync
25 Aug 2010, 01:30 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the article you've post in this forum..
The information we've get .It help us.....