PDA

View Full Version : High School senior with some questions

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ
25 Aug 2010, 01:57 PM
Hey guys I think this is the right place to post this........................I hope.
Any ways I am a high School senior and I am really considering going into web destine but I have a few general questions.

1. I have heard the terms web designer and web developer what is the difference? Are the basically the same thing or does a designer do more of the "front end" visual stuff and a developer do the "back end" and make the site work. If so can you be both or do you have to basically choose?

2.For School one of the graduation requirements is that we go on a job shadow. I job shadowed a web designer in a small family owned shop. She said she chargers 100 dollars an hour. She also showed me Gold fish web design and said they also pay 100 an hour. I would assume if you work for a large company 100 dollars an hour would be the top of the pay scale Is this the norm and what could I expect as a stating pay?

3. If you work for a larger company do you work normal 40 hour work weeks?

4. I have pretty expensive hobbys. I have nirtro RC cars which cost hundreds of dollars and spend alot on aftermarket tires, engines, pipes ect. Also I love trucks and like to go off roading I want to build a Pre Runner(Production truck basically turned into a street legal trophy truck that doesnt cost 500000 dollars). Would I be able to live comfortably being a web designer? Would I make a decent living being a freelance web designer?

5. Last how many years of collage do I need right now my understanding is I only need 2 years, and how hard is it to find work in this field?

Thanks guys