PDA

View Full Version : Overflow problem

Cammern
31 Aug 2010, 04:01 PM
Hi, I got this fansite I’m makeing a new design for. And I’m having some problems with the drop down menu. I’ve got a wrapper that has a height 100% and within that I’ve got two divs, one for a sidebar and another one for the main content. I’m using float on both of them. I’m also using overflow: hidden; on the main wrapper so the float won’t mess up the height 100%. Within this wrapper I’ve also got a horizontal drop down menu, the problem is that the overflow is hiding some of the drop down menu. I don’t know what to do to fix it, so I was hoping someone could take a look and see if they know a solution for it. If I remove the overflow it works, but then the height 100% gets messed up. Hopefully you understood this, not sure how else to explain it. Just hover over the ‘ekstra’ in the menu and you’ll see it’s hiding a part of it. Yeah I know it’s not that much, but it’s annoying me.

This is the test page: http://twilightere.com/test/index.php

Edith: Never mind I found a solution.

Wickham
01 Sep 2010, 12:54 AM
What happens if you use height: 101%; for a wrapper?

People often use height: 101% to make Firefox show a dummy vertical scrollbar so it may work for your situation too.