PDA

View Full Version : Starting out in web design

bstippler
15 Sep 2010, 05:19 PM
I don't want to learn html code, rather I'm using visual editors like Dreamweaver/Coffeecup.
Right now I am using a visual editor that enables me to embed flash objects. The web page is generated in HTML automatically as I make it in visual mode. I want to make websites like this, where it looks like everything, menus, pictures, have some sort of animation:

http://www.dreamtemplate.com/ *See flash templates

Are these websites part HTML part a whole lot of embedded Flash objects, or does the whole thing need to be built entirely inside a flash program like Adobe flash if there is such a way of doing things that way (I heard websites built in flash no longer have SEO problems with google)? I'm not using dream weaver so I know I'm not using the spry stuff. I don't want to use the flash website builders, I'd like to get into web design business and make my own websites/graphics. I was hoping to use my visual editor + a dhtml menu builder extension (Linko all Webmenus builder) + lots of embedded flash objects but these flash templates look so coherent, like the whole thing is one movie. Am I going in the right direction? Or the whole website built inside a flash program? I don't even know what I'm talking about, right now I'm all confused to hell :splat: