PDA

View Full Version : MySQL data row into HTML page?

ntomsheck
19 Oct 2010, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the confusing title, guys. The best example for this would be www.restaurantdb.com. On searches for a restaurant, is brought to a page with multiple results, but when they click on one of the results, it shows that the listing has it's own HTML page. If you click on multiple results, it's a unique link for each restaurant.

How is that done? Is each mysql row actually in it's own HTML page? If so, how is that procedure performed. That site in particular has hundreds of thousands of restaurants; I can't imagine someone made hundreds of thousands of HTML pages. Even if it is off a template, wouldn't that still take forever?

I'm developing a site that will have a similar action - a user enters a search term, see's a short description, etc. However, when they click on the listing, they're brought to a new page with more detailed information about that particular listing. I wont have hundreds of thousands of listings though... I'll have a bit more than that, which means creating a page for each listing within a reasonable amount of time would be impossible.

does having each listing in it's own HTML page aid in SEO? How much of a difference in SEO would

whateverwebsite.com/listing.php?=8982349

vs.
whateverwebsite.com/listings/8982349.html

have?

Thanks for looking.

P.S. I didn't know which section this fit into better, so I put it in the PHP section since it's less about web design and more about outputting MySQL database values. Feel free to move as seen fit.