PDA

View Full Version : Search Engines Maintains its Dominance in Web World!

Rash
30 Oct 2010, 04:17 AM
Hey Guys,

Social Networking Sites may play a significant role in creating awareness among people about the launch of any new product or whatever new happens in the world, but a recent online poll showed that 53% consumers still trust giant search engines for all the information they need about a product, while only 8 % take help of social networking sites. After marking such a huge difference between the duo, this puts a question on the popularity of social networking sites!

http://searchengineland.com/search-dominates-social-networking-for-product-discovery-study-says-54332

Cheers!

SydneyWebDesign
31 Oct 2010, 07:36 AM
I have been on facebook everyday for about 3 years now, and I doubt I have ever clicked on an PPC ad. I also delete "friends" who promote there business too much.

Facebook is great for starting out in a business, as friends and family are the first to sell your products or services to, but your not really going to get any "followers"..

I also have a twitter account, which I only opened as a necessary evil, I am following 792 businesses, who I have never read one of their tweets, got 377 followers, who probably haven't read any of mine, posted 722 tweets, which every single one was automated, and it was set up in an email account I haven't opened in at least 3 months as I know it will only be full of spam.

All the rest I just couldn't be bothered with. I think being productive on forums associated with your niche is much better for bringing in business online. You will get even more business walking around dropping off business cards than waisting time social networking.