PDA

View Full Version : Webpage instead of the desktop?

flatLINE
02 Nov 2010, 12:22 AM
I own a Internet cafe, and I use CafeSuite (http://cafesuite.net/) for managing customers, payments etc. (for more info check out the their site, you'll get the idea in no time).

Reason I mention CafeSuite is because there is an option on the main CafeSuite computer to put a webpage that will be over all CafeClient desktops instead of the WinXP desktop, meaning the taskbar won't be visible as well (webpage will completely cover everything). So basically making a webpage run 'instead' of my client WinXP desktops is not a problem, but I can't get the links to open the local files on client computers. I don't need links to point to files across the intranet or internet, just local files on each client. For example, when clicking on the Windows Live link, I would need it to open WinLive without prompting the Open/Save dialog from the default browser (I use Mozilla, my customers generally spit on IE).

I thought about Active Desktop, but read that it sucks. Now, generally I don't know shizz about AD or whether or not it has anything to do with making my page run local files (because I can get my CafeSuite to run the webpage on my client computers in a mouse-click without activating the Active Desktop).

However, I'd take any advice into consideration as long as it allows me to design a bad a** looking web page with links that will simply open local files just as the Win *.lnk icons do.

Thanks in advance