PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! My Site Looks Perfect In Every Browser EXCEPT IE! (checkbox & <li>)

scott g
08 Nov 2010, 11:31 PM
Ok please help! Lol! I made a web site that has a short, bulleted list mid-page, and a form near the bottom with checkboxes. In Firefox, and EVERY OTHER browser (according to browsershots.org) my site displays EXACTLY as I want it to!

However, this is not the same when you view my website in Internet Explorer. The bulleted <li> mid-page is not "left" it is centered. Same with the checkboxes in the form at the bottom of the page - the checkboxes are not aligned left, but rather are centered as well.

I honest to god can't figure out how to fix this so that it displays properly in Internet Explorer. Do I need to add something to my CSS that I can call on to NOT CENTER the checkboxes and list?!?

Here's a snippet of the code that CENTERS in Internet Explorer:

<ul>
<li><big>+25% Increased Risk of Heart Failure</big></li>
<li><big>+43% Increased Risk of Heart Attack</big></li>
<li><big>+27% Increased Risk of Stroke</big></li>
</ul>

&

<tr>
<td valign="top" class="cflite_td" />
<label for="Injury_List" class="not-required" /><big>Related Injury</big><span class="required_star" /> *</span><br />select all that apply</label>
</td>
<td valign="top" class="cflite_td">
<input type="checkbox" name="death" value="yes" /> <big>Death</big> <br />
<input type="checkbox" name="stroke" value="yes" /> <big>Stroke</big> <br />
<input type="checkbox" name="heartattack" value="yes" /> <big>Heart Attack</big> <br />
<input type="checkbox" name="chf" value="yes" /> <big>Congestive Heart Failure</big> <br />
<input type="checkbox" name="hospital" value="yes" /> <big>Recv'd Hospital Treatment</big> <br />
<input type="checkbox" name="other" value="yes" /> <big>Other</big>
</td>
</tr>

Guys, I'm really at a dead end and could use some type of guidance. I know there are "errors" in the HTML when I run it through a validator, but nothing that should be causing this problem... unless my CSS is screwy/non-compatible.

Thanks for all help and consideration.

P.S. The site is http://avandia.lawsuitinformation.org Look @ it in Firefox or Chrome or Safari or whatever, then look at it in Internet Explorer and you'll see what I'm talking about.