PDA

View Full Version : Creating a mutilple search query form

wazza
14 Nov 2010, 07:41 AM
Hi guys I need to do a small project and I'm not sure what method I shud use. I want to create a search feature on my website where users can search for properties/real estate. They need to be able to use drop down boxes to be able to select fields such as price range, area, bedrooms etc...

The results should be returned on a seperate page in a smart looking table. I was thinking of using MySQL to store the data in a flat database and PHP to return the results in a html formatted table on a different page..

Is this the best way to approach this or is there any other languages/methods that will be useful.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback or comments. Thanks in advance.....

dqhendricks
14 Jan 2011, 09:37 PM
You are on the right path. PHP and MySQL woudl be excellent for this, and probably easier to learn/cheaper than alternatives. Set up some tables in MySQL in order to store the data. Create a form using HTML with all of the desired fields, and have it submit to your PHP page. Use PHP to create a MySQL query using the submitted form fields, then use the MySQL result and PHP to format the HTML tables.

- dqhendricks