PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Video and Linking

sparticus13
16 Nov 2010, 03:38 PM
Hi all I am working on a project that will be using video and links with some clever navigation. I need help with pointing me in the right direction to what functions, scripting, etc would be needed to make this work. Here is what I want to happen.

There will be a site that has a series of video clips in it. The videos are related to a detailed white paper. Each paper has a 2 videos related to it. 1 is an intro and the other is a longer more detailed video related to the paper.

For the layout of the page there will be 3 main components.

1 The video playback screen.
2 below the video will be a small section with a video link, paper link, and a next and prev button.
3 A navigation section to the right of the video with a list of each video/paper in order.

So when the main page loads it will have the intro video for paper number 1 loaded and ready to play. Below it will have a thumbnail of the full video for the paper and a link to the paper. To the right of the video will be a list of video/papers 1,2,3,etc.

Each link in the navigation on the right should change the page so that the intro video to that paper loads, and the section under the video updates with the thumbnail to the full video and link the paper.

The prev and next buttons should move in order from 1,2,3,etc.

The simple way to do this I think would be all in flash. However, there some major search engine requirements. While the video can be embedded in flash we need the nav links and paper links to be in HTML/CSS so that they can be picked up by a search engine. The papers should not be in flash either as the contents needs to be read by search engines.

I hope I did a good enough job of describing this. If anyone can help with the best way to do this for each part of the site then I can connect the dots.

Thanks
Chris