PDA

View Full Version : Creating a trading website - What coding language?

WillySanker
16 Dec 2010, 12:11 PM
This is my first post, the first of many i expect.

I would like to create a website that people can advertise on. Its been in my head for a while, there are plenty of competitors but im going to put a new spin on it.

I know little about webdesign but it seems a good opportunity to learn more.

I'm just about OK with HTML but that's my limit so far. So the question is, what sort of programming language would be needed to create a site from the following brief?

Lets imagine that its a website for selling cars:

1 - I need to create a site that enables the customer to place an advert from some sort of form with drop downs and radiobuttons etc.

2 - The form should then be displayed on the site from browse and search facilities on the site based on the drop downs and radio buttons.

3 - There should then be a button on the ad so people can contact the advertiser with those messages going into an inbox and sending notification to the advertisers email address. Both parties emails would remain anonymous.

4 - The advertiser and the person enquiring should both have to register.

5 - There is no requirement for payment at the moment but is likely in the future.

ANY suggestions on building this sort of thing would be appreciated. I dont even know about what front/back end work is needed for this sort of project.