PDA

View Full Version : Help with mouseover menus

ravenquills
20 Dec 2010, 04:23 PM
I have posted this in two other forums but am thinking that perhaps someone in this forum may be able to help.

The problem appears to be a combination of graphic design and behaviors issues as driven by the use of slices to create rollovers in firewortks for export to dreamweaver.

Here is the problem.

I have a main page prototyped in fireworks. The top menus work. The bottom contact me button works. However in the body of the page there is a box with a butlleted list in it e.g below

* Item One
* Item two
* Item Three

The text is in blue. The background of the box is a faded graphic in color.

I want to make each item of the list do the following behaviors when clicked.

When you click on Item One the text stays blue but the background turns gray scale as do Item Two and Three. Okay so far so good I can make that work. However when i try to do the following - make it so when you click on Item Two, Item One turn black, Item Two stays blue, Item three is black and the background turns into gray scale it wont work and no matter how many slice layers i use or how many states i create to layer them one of two things happens.

Either the first and second item both remain blue while the background turns gray or the background doesn't turn gray and the list does.

Any help would be appreciated i think this is me not understanding either how to manage the states in fireworks or not understanding how to link the slices over states or something else.

I have struggled with this for 3 days and it is driving me crazy, there has to be a way to do this.

Thanks for any help you can offer

There really isnt any code associated with this so that is why i posted it. if you think you can help I will send you the PNG file via e-mail.

Ravenquills