PDA

View Full Version : A website for my university

ThePhpNoob
03 Jan 2011, 09:44 AM
Well, i am an engineering student and i have chosen an user-based website for my university as my Final Year Project.
I'll be using PHP-MySql, HTML and CSS.
The main concept of the site is, it'll be user-based website where only students,teachers and HEADS can register and login.
Others can only gather information about the university.
Some Features of the site:
+Different access levels for Students and Teachers
+Profile Page for all users.
+A mail box for every users.
+Notification features for teachers where they can notify students on changes in the schedule or anything.
+"Download E-books" facility for students.
+"Make an Announcement" for HEADS.

I have group of 4 peoples.
2 know basics of HTML and CSS and other 2 are learning PHP-MySql.
Time alloted for the project: 3 months
What do you think about success of the project?

offtopic: I am here to get some help for my project.

SvenBieder
03 Jan 2011, 09:12 PM
at first, everyone of your team needs to know HTML, CSS and the basics of PHP. For such a project I would work with includes to reduce the massive rewriting of code.
It is hard to say, if it can succeed, because it is at first matter of a good project planning and then a question of the experience of the peolple.

When you have the project really well planned (project planning is a science for itself) and your team is average, than you can realize such a project within 3 month without a problem. 3 month, 4 people, that makes more than 2000 man hours. When it is a full time project. When you do it only two hours a day with totally unexperienced personell, just forget it and make something smaller.

but when there are specific questions for problems, or for the project planning, just pm me.