PDA

View Full Version : Image gallery slider fails when called from an external html

joeyipextra
19 Jan 2011, 12:55 AM
Hi all, I've followed an online tutorial and successfully created a gallery with a horizontal slide bar using [very specifically] JQuery versions 1.2.6.js and jquery-ui-full-1.5.2.min.js (since otherwise, it does not seem to work).

After creating the gallery in the index.html, I decided to put all gallery and slider related scripts into a separate html file to be called with a PHP and ajax script. Here's the problem: While the slider [image] components as well as gallery images [in the slider] loads fine, the slider handler does not work anymore!

You can see my problem when you select 'Gallery' from my website. Scroll to the bottom where the horizontal slider is and try moving it. 5%-10% of the time it works, for some odd reason. http://joeyipanimation.com/

I'm not sure what code to show here, since the index.html is doing all the calling, I wouldn't have to deal with any '../../*.js' type of paths in order to jump up file levels (this also proven since the images in the gallery are done without '../../' paths).

NOTE: ALL of these scripts already work if implemented directly into the index.html. This fails when executed from an external html file

Oh and just in case, I've only focused on building it for Firefox... other browsers [namely IE] may behave funny. I'll be needing lots of support when it comes time to tackle multiple browsers! Edit: works with chrome, firefox, and safari

Thanks!
Joe