PDA

View Full Version : Need Newb help modifying advanced code

Holycow
19 Jan 2011, 03:02 PM
Without giving out any sensitive details, I am in the immediate need to figure out some more advanced webdesign syntax/file locations. We no longer have our webmaster, and I have been assinged to making rudamentary changes to the content of our website, but need some serious / lamen help in figuring out where the files are.

I know basic stuff.. html, DIV, CSS... but this site is done in XML, ASP, C#?, etc... that is almost completely greek to me. I have reached a speedbump that I can't quite get over, and am hoping you guys can help guide me as to where to look.

For example, I need to change the text on a particular page. Now, I found the .aspx page, and on the page are 3 references to other files, and this aspx page simply loads the content OF those files, onto the page... but I can't figure out how it works. So in this example, the basic code below loads an entire page of text from another file (or 3) somewhere... that I can't find. Here is the code I am talking about:

<JHCNet:ArticleBox ID="EducationInHouseClasses" runat="server" />
<h2>Online Resources</h2>
<JHCNet:OnlineResourcesBox ID="EducationOnlineResources" runat="server" />
<h2>Forms</h2>
<JHCNet:UrlListBoxCollection ID="EducationForms" runat="server" />
</asp:Content>

The three sections on the page, each have these titles that match the "ID=" from the above code. I have looked through ALL the aspx and xml files on the webserver, and I THINK have looked through our database, but to no avail. Simple text behind these three refernces, is all I need to change.

Ideas? Did I include enough information for you to point me somewhere? Hopefully if I can figure out how this dynamic page content is generated, I can get some work done.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.