PDA

View Full Version : How to Create an Interactive Visual website?

Aegist
20 Jan 2011, 05:28 AM
Hi guys,
first post here and after a quick search I couldn't find anything on this topic and I am struggling to get information through Google searches, so I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this.

I have an idea for a website that I would like to create, and I am considering taking the time to learn the basics of the language myself rather than just hiring someone to do it for me (I am already capable at HTML, understand basic CSS and can read PHP).

I want to create a site which is primarily visual in its nature, which allows registered members to add images/information to an interactive workspace/whiteboard.

Imaging a whiteboard which interacts like google maps (click to drag your view of it around, plus scroll in and out to zoom in and out), but instead of a map, it is just a background with images added by users.

To create this, should I be thinking of AJAX? Flash? Is it possible with advanced CSS?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sarenarichard
20 Jan 2011, 11:27 PM
Yes can only be done in a CMS but what you want needs a full planning from scratch. You will start from A and till Z everything should be planned.