PDA

View Full Version : Starting an Online Service - Need help choosing the right language for the Job

waliworld
23 Jan 2011, 01:03 AM
So I would like to start a service online, but because of what is involved, im not sure how to properly approach building this site. I just need some advice as to what tools i should be looking at.

first the basics

1. I have slightly more than preliminary knowledge in web based code (unless python, C# or AutoLisp counts)

2. Yes, I will be outsourcing/hiring. considering the nature of the project, she/he/they will have to be local. its a pretty big under taking, It requires direct communication, and its gotta be done right.

3. To best describe this sites function, its like amazon.com in a sense that you register an account with the intention of make purchases, however the client uploads a comma-delimited file (which needs to be parsed and dynamically displayed by the system) and can choose to receive a calculated report based parameters they set themselves on said account.

these comma delimited files (generated by a program i wrote in autolisp) contain a number of data points that are calculated however my clients want them. well i want to integrate the calculation into the site, remove it almost completely from lisp, and make the rest of the program available free to download on my site.

so that's the gist, what language(s) are preferable in this case?