PDA

View Full Version : Website within website; possible to do this?

lifeofguy
23 Jan 2011, 11:27 AM
My website has a main head banner that I would like to keep consistent on each page. There are several links on my main page that lead to other websites outside of my domain. I'm guessing this would have something to do with frames, but basically, I would like my main head banner to remain on-top and visible whilst visitors have clicked on the links to the other websites (so that they can just click on my banner anytime to go back to my website). Try to think of it as full website navigation within another website.

I've tried something with frames where I was able to have my banner on top and another website (my channel on YouTube) on the bottom, but when I clicked on a link within the YouTube, it would go to the page, yes, but then my banner would disappear! Is there any way to make this NOT happen, so that it would be like, as I mentioned above, full external website navigation within my own website?

PerformanceDude
23 Jan 2011, 02:38 PM
You could show the other website in an iframe, but a page can always break out of iframes and frames. So I would say, that it is not possible. Most sites don't break out though, so you could just accept the few sites that does.