PDA

View Full Version : CSS help regarding line-height

kong
02 Feb 2011, 09:14 PM
Hello all!

Could really use some help here as I've been driving myself insane trying to figure it out..

I basically have two divs side by side. The div on the left holds a menu navigation. The div on the right however can hold various content. My client wants line-height set for the text in that area but they want different line-height for different things like title, normal text, sub-headings, etc...

The problem is that they also want the text in the right div to line up with the first item in the menu on the left div. I'm finding this to be a problem because not every page has a title or a sub-heading, which means the line-height can be one of 3 different amounts. Because of this I can't line it up with the menu exactly.

So what I've been trying to figure out is if there is a way to apply line-height to only the bottom of text vs having it split between the top and bottom.

Does anyone know of any tricks to remove line-height from apply to the top half of text?

Iced Earth
04 Feb 2011, 12:38 AM
Well, you could give classes to each one...that could be a headache...what about the margins?