PDA

View Full Version : My FormMail.pl script is not working with my redirect tag!

continuum
04 Feb 2011, 03:24 PM
Hello!

I downloaded a FormMail.pl script from my hosting service, InMotion Hosting to create a user form on a website I'm building.

I changed these two variables in the script (I entered the website name and email address):

@referers = qw(website name);
@allow_mail_to = qw(emailaddress);

The form works, but when you enter name/email to the form and hit submit, it takes you to a default thank-you page instead of going to the REDIRECT link (thankyou.html) that I specified.

The form is on this page:
http://glendahaskell.com/contact.html

Here is the code of my form:

<div id="mailinglist">
<form action="/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" method="post" enctype="text/plain" target="_blank" id="mailing_list">
<p>
<h2>Free Newsletter</h2>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>To receive FREE occasional emails on various topics related to maintaining balance in your life and achieving your goals, please fill out the following form. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Your information will never be passed on to any third party, and you can be removed from the list at any time.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<table>
<tr>
<th>Name:</th>
<td>
<input type="text" name="realname" value="" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th>Email address:</th>
<td> <input type="text" name="email" value="" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>

</td>
<td class="submit">
<input type="submit" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<input name="recipient" type="hidden" value="ghaskell1@comcast.net" />
<input name="subject" type="hidden" value="New Person Added to Mailing List!" />
<input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="thankyou.html" />
</form>
</div>

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas of something I might have missed which could be the reason why my redirect tag is not working? Or common mistakes/pitfalls when setting up a FormMail script?

Thank you so much!!

warriorfullight
07 Jan 2012, 09:06 PM
I will strongly recommend you to contact the technical support team of Inmotion Hosting or else create an account there and post the same topic there. The admins will definitely help you out :)

The world is not enough for me http://imagicon.info/cat/6-26/vbulletin-smile.gif