PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress address bar

tothemaxkaufman
04 Feb 2011, 05:12 PM
I created my wordpress website on the hosting companies sub domain, I then parked my own domain name on top of it. I realized that I could type in my own domain name and it would load the website but when I went to another page, it would show the subdomain in the address bar. I then went in to settings and kept the wordpress address the same as it was before with the subdomain but I changed the site address to my own domain name. Did I change the right thing? My goal is for the subdomain to never be shown in the address bar. Once I switched that, all the pictures on my site were gone. I then went through and updated the links to the pictures on my site to the new domain name. The problem is that the theme I am using is not working correctly. The logo and some of the websites design is no longer there. How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Max

resdog
07 Feb 2011, 07:26 AM
look at the location of the theme files and make sure it matches your site url. On the theme's header file (normally), there is a section that defines the css of the theme, something like

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />

That is being defined by what you set in your settings. The "Site Address" field will be the directory your bloginfo is being set as (if I'm not mistaken...it's either that or the other one.).

Make sure your theme settings are correct. Go to your site and choose "View Source". Find out what the address is for the css and see if that's correct. If it's not, move the files to make it correct.