PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Questions

frigginnoodles
09 Mar 2011, 09:21 PM
Hey everyone,

So I have created a couple free web sites in the past with WYSISWG editors. Recently I have had an idea for a site. The basic idea is similar to this (http://www.hotornot.com) (I know this is a dumb site, but it is the best comparison to the style I am looking for) To begin my site I want the main page to have a similar picture voting system like the said one above. Also I wish to have it so members have to register to submit photos and not have to be registered to rate. Where do I begin on how to make a site with a similar feature? I am not so much looking at domain purchasing/hosting yet. I wish to attempt to create this before investing. So my question is what do I use to make something like this??? XML, HTML, etc.. Any programs that you guys recommend? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I can see this in my head, but getting it into words is tricky for me. Any suggestions would be great and thanks.

Jason
10 Mar 2011, 01:14 AM
What is XMS?

I would use PHP and MySQL. You would need to get in some practice before you attempted a site like this :)