PDA

View Full Version : Looking for shopping cart add-on, not the whole package

Vegas1
17 Mar 2011, 09:22 AM
Hello all,

I could use some suggestions regarding a shopping cart add-on for a new website.

First, about me - I have intermediate to advanced skills in PHP, MySQL and have been programming as a hobby for 15+ years. HTML is a breeze, javascript is like reading hieroglyphics :eek: and Basic went out the window with my overpriced Tandy1000 :rolleyes:

Second, about the question - I have used shopping cart systems such as Zen Cart, Viart and a few others and I have finally given up on them all. It isn't a question of their perspective capabilities, it is because I don't really want my website to 'look' like a shopping cart. Although I sell electronics, I prefer my website to be a collection of technical information with the option to buy.

My revamped site will incorporate PHP/MySql which I will code myself and what I require is an add-on script which will give me a shopping cart 'basket', along with User Registration. I was planning on incorporating PayPal API's for the actual checkout process, but if your suggestions happen to be an all-in-one solution then that is even better.

Additional:
-I don't have a merchant account to accept credit cards - PayPal's introduction to CC payments (last year?) has resolved the need for a merchant account.
-The add-on should be able to integrate with the rest of my site (PHP/MySQL)
-Cost; nobody likes to spend money (unless the words Ferrari, Vegas and/or Executive Helicopter are involved). I will pay for a script to call my own, but I am not interested in anything that involves monthly fees.
- *edit* I forgot to mention shipping modules. Shipping modules such as UPS, USPS, Canada Post would be a bonus.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

-Cheers !