PDA

View Full Version : JavaScript questions...

APrather
29 Mar 2011, 07:27 PM
I hope I posted at right place...

For last three weeks... I spend probably more than 40 hours gaining fundamental on the structure of HTML and CSS, the codes, the progress of PSD slicing template into HTML/CSS and etc. I believe I still probably have more to go, but I consider that I have promoted from novice into intermediate or perhaps average. I was told the next step would be to learn Javascript.

I have been hearing or told that javascript is popular nowdays, and is much more intuitive to use. Well, I am embarrassed to say, but what exactly is javascript? what is it used for?
how worth is it for future web designer like me?
Is it easy to learn?

I searched up in google, I end up with some articles that explain me like I am expert or proficent. I just still don't get that in my head. Are there any sites that can explain me like I am newbie so I can get started in soft way?

Also. what's difference between jscrpt and jquery?

Thanks in advance

awniyya1
04 Apr 2011, 02:27 AM
Hello Friend,
Javascript is the client side scripting code. It is very simple and easy to learn friend. Javascript plays a vital role in the development of the webpages. Without javascript you can't say that you are a full fledged web designer. Take a look at this site which will giveyou easy understanding. http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp.
The jscript is the term used by microsoft for "Javascript". The "jquery" is the javascript library and it has it's own api definitions, but it is purely javascript.

Ahamed