PDA

View Full Version : Escrow System

benjaminjsy
02 Apr 2011, 05:31 AM
Hello All!

What I am desperately trying to find information on at the moment is implementing an escrow system on a website - I'm sure you'll all know what I mean if I use freelancer services as an example; on sites like freelancer.com and fiverr.com, there is an option for service buyers to deposit funds into the respective website's own escrow system until the work is completed and this is the sort of system I would really like to learn about.

I have searched for hours but so far, all I have found are articles about the merchant services offered by the official escrow.com website and no tutorials or resources regarding implementing your own escrow system. I understand that this is going to be a massive challenge, particularly for someone who has minimal programming experience and that there are probably numerous legal considerations of implementing such a system but I would really like to try and avoid the use of third party solutions, as I think it would appear more professional to offer customers an in-house escrow system rather than redirecting them to a new website to fill out more forms.

If anyone could offer any guidance as to where I can find learning resources on this subject, I would be hugely grateful!

Ben